Unfortunately, it's no big secret that the some high profile software download websites have been remarkably inconsistent this season: they have been offering innocent users downware! For example is tucows hosts InstallX.
Express Files - tucows downloads
- "Thanks for using tucows! All of our software is tested to be guaranteed virus and spyware free. ..."
- "Choose installation type to continue... Advanced Installation:"
- "Make Groovorio my new tab page"
- "... my default search engine"
- ".. default homepage"
What did VirusTotal say?
- File name: expressfiles-setup.exe
- Detection ratio: 15 / 53
- SHA256: 926c649906d094863bc618e914a8a0a8e63393210087cb1c81c3adb58e9893fa
- Publisher: Tucows Inc.
Foistware show NOW starts, AGAIN...
("Kozaka.net kozaka Official Visitor Survey - 20 November, 2014")
- "Express Files, Smart Downloader... to install DictAddon... Re-Markit... WebStroller"
- "Because browsing doesn't have to be difficult - Kozaka (clone of Zommify... Yonton)"
Yontoo is a potentially unwanted application that installs a browser extension to display advertisements that appear to be from Facebook.From Yontoo | Symantec
New junkware installation procedure...
- "Get Desktop Notification when Storms Are Heading Your Way (Storm Alert)"
- "By clicking accept, I agree to VuuPC End User License Agreement..."
- "Access every day to free apps or at reduced of our partners with Onesoftperday (aka, oneSOFTperday)."
Related guideCommon dictionary 1.0 Removal Help
Amazon Web Services hosts more malware hosting sites than any other ISP or web hosting provider, according to a new report from security company Solutionary.